Do you worry about the cost of veterinary care for your pet? If so, consider getting dog insurance to avoid these concerns and keep your pet happy and healthy.
With a pet, a house is complete. A pet’s love and affection for each family member binds the entire family together. Therefore, pet owners must also provide for their furry family’s health and happiness.
Purchasing health insurance for your beloved pet is, therefore, crucial to ensure their overall well-being and protection from disease and harm.
Insurance for pets: Features
- The finest feature of pet insurance coverage is that they uphold the standards set by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI). #
- Policies that can be tailored to your needs and the breed or type of pet you own, such as cats, dogs, etc., are available in the pet insurance policies.
- Pet insurance Sum Insured typically falls between Rs. 15,000 and 30,000, especially for dog insurance. The age, breed, and other factors of the animal for whom you want to get insurance will, however, affect this. *
- Depending on the insurance company, different pet owners may be able to purchase add-on coverage.
- Many pet insurance policies permit coverage for the pet owner’s third-party liabilities. Therefore, you can get coverage against such damages if your dog or cat hurts someone or harms someone else’s property.
- Just like regular insurance coverage, there are various types of pet insurance coverage, including: *
- Time-limited cover:When a pet gets a disease or injury, its owner can obtain protection for their animal companion by purchasing pet health insurance with time limits.
- Lifetime cover:With lifelong cover, the pet owner might receive lifetime protection against serious illnesses like eczema, arthritis, cancer, diabetes, etc. The pet owner may be eligible to receive a specific amount of money each year under this policy for the care of their animal.
- Money-limit cover:On the other hand, money-limit coverage gives pet owners financial security so they can handle some of the costs associated with their pet’s treatment. Since this policy has no time-bound limitations, it may be used indefinitely up to the policy’s financial limit.
- In India, the average pet insurance premium ranges between 3% and 5% of the policy’s sum assured. *
What all are covered under pet insurance policies?
The following are included in the basic pet insurance policy:
- The accidental passing awayof a pet
- Illnesses contracted by the pet during the insurance period
- Costs associated with treatment
- Accidents that occur when transporting the pet by train, road, or air, among other things.
- Pet theft
- Liabilities to third parties, etc.
What is excluded from pet insurance policies?
The following are excluded from basic pet insurance policy:
- Willful, malicious harm done to the animal
- Loss of the pet owing to events such as war, antagonism, military upheaval, etc.
- Injury due to improper handling or abuse of the pet.
- The loss of a pet owing to illnesses including leptospirosis, rabies, viral hepatitis, enteritis, and others.
- Diseases that the animal already had when the insurance was purchased.
The expense of a pet’s medical care in the event of an accident or illness can be covered by pet insurance policies for the pet’s owner. Some pet insurance policies also provide coverage for the animal’s loss, theft, or demise, reducing the risk of pet medical expenses and ensuring the best possible care and security for the animal.
Purchasing pet insurance or dog insurance online is a convenient way to secure your beloved pet.
* Standard T&C Apply
** Currently, there are 2 tax regimes in India – new and old. To get the tax benefit you desire, choose the correct one after consulting an expert. You can opt for a regime change during the next financial year.
# Visit the official website of IRDAI for further details.
## All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI-approved insurance plan. Standard T&C apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.