A personal loan is a great emergency credit option that allows individuals to borrow money for personal expenses like planning a vacation, further studies, any medical emergency, home renovation or even debt consolidation. In this digital age, various lenders are offering personal loans to borrowers at the competitive market-driven interest rate and flexible tenure.
It has made getting a personal loan easy. However, it is important that the borrower also plans the loan repayment better to ensure that they are not facing any financial issue later.
Managing the Fullerton India quick personal loans repayment:
One of the first steps for better repayment management is to know the EMI for the personal loan. EMI depends on various factors like:
- Loan Amount
- Interest rate
- Loan Tenure
With the above data, you can use the Fullerton India online EMI Calculator to know the monthly EMI. EMI or Equated Monthly Instalment is the fixed payment amount made by a borrower to a lender at a specified date each calendar month.
The mathematical formula to calculate EMI is: EMI = P × r × (1 + r)n/((1 + r)n – 1)
where P= Loan amount,
r= interest rate,
n=tenure in number of months.
The above formula will help you in knowing the extra expense that you might have to incur to repay the loan amount.
Knowing the EMI is only the first step, let us now discuss some tips that will come in handy while you are planning your repayment of the Fullerton India quick personal loans.
Tips to manage personal loan repayment:
- Know your monthly earnings and expenses: You must be aware of all your monthly expenses and earnings. The expenses will include your rent, travel, food, and miscellaneous expenses. The earnings will include salary, rent, dividend or any other business earnings that you might have. It will give you a basic idea that removing your expenses, how much savings you have and how much you can afford to pay as EMI.
- Cut down on your expenses: If you feel that you are incurring some expenses that can be reduced then list them down and work on cutting down those expenses. It will help you in managing your savings even after paying the EMI.
- Check Your repayment capability: After you know the interest rate, the loan tenure, your expense and your earnings, you can look at the amount that you can borrow, based on how much EMI you can pay. It is where the EMI loan calculator will be of great help.
- Ensure Enough savings: For financial stability, it is important to have a financial cushion handy. It will help you ensure your EMI is paid on time, even if you hit a rainy day. The savings will also help you in managing any other financial emergency, that might occur at the time when you are paying EMI from your salary. The savings can be in any form like gold, stocks, fixed deposits, etc., which can be easily liquidated to cover your EMIs.
- Maintain a good CIBIL score: CIBIL score is an indication of the creditworthiness of an individual. A good CIBIL score will help you get the loan at a lower interest rate and for a longer time duration. This in turn will reduce your monthly EMI thus making it easy to pay without incurring any financial trouble.
- Put reminders for EMI: While the above methods will help you have a strong plan, do not forget to keep a reminder on your phone for the EMI payment. Even after the planning if you forget to repay the loan, it will not only create a financial burden later but also impact your CIBIL score.
Any negligence on your loan EMI payments can significantly impact your future financial planning and disrupt your budget. To avoid it from happening, the above tips will help you in managing personal loan EMI payments.