Kindle fire by amazon comes loaded with extremely good features, making it one of the top-selling devices across the globe. Talking about Linksys WiFi range extender, the device is very well-known for its amazing features, outstanding performance, extending the existing WiFi range to every nook and cranny of your house. If you have Linksys range extender, then you can connect the Kindle Fire device to the extended WiFi network and enjoy the seamless internet connectivity without interruption all over your house. But what if your Kindle Fire device won’t connect to your Linksys WiFi extender?
Don’t fret out! Facing Kindle Fire won’t connect to Linksys WiFi extender is one of the most common issues faced by every user. Well, catching the drift of “Kindle Fire won’t connect to Linksys WiFi extender” issue, we have come up with this post. Here, we will provide you various fixes to resolve “Kindle Fire won’t connect to Linksys WiFi extender” issue in minutes. Let’s get the ball rolling!
Fixed: Kindle Fire won’t connect to Linksys WiFi extender Issue
Reboot Your Linksys WiFi Extender
Yes, you read it right! If you are trying to connect your Kindle Fire after Linksys WiFi extender setup but seeing an error, then try rebooting your extender. The rebooting process might seem simple but it can fix many big issues like Kindle Fire won’t connect to Linksys WiFi extender. So, to reboot your Linksys extender, follow the steps highlighted below:
- First things first, disconnect your Kindle Fire from your Linksys extender (if connected).
- Then, unplug your Linksys extender from its power outlet.
- Give your Linksys extender some rest.
- Thereafter, plug the Linksys extender back into the power socket and turn it on.
Once you’re done with the rebooting process, reconnect your Kindle Fire to the Linksys WiFi range extender.
Restart Your Kindle Fire
If you are facing one of the following issues:
- Kindle Fire won’t connect to Linksys WiFi extender
- Kindle Fire won’t charge
- Kindle Fire shows WiFi authentication error
- Kindle Fire not working
Then the first thing you need to do to fix issues with your Kindle Fire is to restart it. In order to restart your Kindle Fire, you just need to press and hold the power button on it and release it. When you restart your Kindle Fire device, try to connect it to your Linksys extender and check if the issue has been fixed or not.
Reposition Your Linksys WiFi Extender
After doing the Linksys extender setup successfully, you can place it anywhere in your house. But bear this in mind – a wrong placement may lead to WiFi connectivity issues with your Linksys range extender. So, consider the following points while placing your Linksys extender:
- Keep your Linksys WiFi extender in a center and higher location of your house.
- Place your Linksys extender away from cordless phones, Bluetooth speakers, baby monitors, and other interference-creating WiFi devices.
- Apart from that, try to use your Kindle Fire device within range of your Linksys extender.
Check the Settings of Your Kindle Fire Device
If your Linksys WiFi network is not in use for a longer time, it will get disable. The major reason behind this can be the Sleep Mode on your Kindle Fire device is enabled. Hence, to fix this, you need to disable the Sleep mode on your Kindle Fire device.
Apart from that:
- Make sure that Airplane mode is off.
- Confirm that your Kindle Fire device has the latest software version available.
- After disabling Airplane and the Sleep Mode, restart your Kindle Fire device.
- Reconnect your Kindle Fire device to your Linksys extender manually.
Once done, try accessing the Linksys extender login page to check whether the issue has fixed.
Note: The tips given in this post can also be applied on Linksys routers. But you have to ensure that you have the correct Linksys router login details for its configuration.
So, here ends the list of troubleshooting tips to fix Kindle Fire won’t connect to Linksys WiFi extender issue. If you are still facing the same issue, reach out to our technical experts via comments.