Oops! My WiFi is running just like a snail! Can’t stream videos on my HDTV even after setting up a Netgear extender. The internet issues are spinning my head! What to do now? – Are you also wondering about the same? Fret not! You have got the right post in hand.
Without a doubt, Netgear wireless range extenders are superb devices, yet they can sometimes be a bit troublesome for you. If truth be told, it takes some technical knowledge to keep a Netgear extender running seamlessly and troubleshoot the issues associated with it. However, you don’t need to worry at all.
This write-up is all about to help you troubleshoot internet connection issues with Netgear extender. Allow us to explain to you in detail.
Troubleshooting Guide to Fix Internet Connection Issues
Connected to WiFi But No Internet?
It is often a baffling situation when you are connected to your WiFi network but getting no internet access.
Solution – Firstly, make sure that you are connected to Netgear_ext SSID of your WiFi range extender. If yes but still the issue remains the same, power cycle your Netgear range extender, router, and WiFi-compatible devices. Ensure that you have properly set up your Netgear wireless extender.
Poor or No Internet Access in Certain Rooms
In the event that you are getting high-speed internet connection in one room and poor or no connection in another room, the following troubleshooting tips will help you out.
Solution – There are several reasons why your Netgear extender’s WiFi signals are dropping. Let us tell you that interference is the major culprit.
- Keep your Netgear wireless extender at a certain distance away from microwaves, baby monitors, cordless phones, and other electronic gadgets.
- Some reflexive surfaces like mirrors and glasses may also weaken your extender’s WiFi signals. Therefore, place your Netgear wireless range extender away from such devices.
- The extender’s best location is the central area of your home. Improper placement of the extender may also lead you to mywifiext login issues.
In this way, you can get rid of the intermittent WiFi connection issue.
Netgear Extender Keeps Disconnecting
Partial Netgear extender setup, outdated firmware, and incorrect placement of the extender are the major reasons causing the Netgear extender keeps disconnecting issue.
Solution – In order to troubleshoot the issue, walk through the below-mentioned quick fixes:
- Be sure that your Netgear extender is correctly placed.
- Visit mywifiext local web address and update the Netgear extender’s firmware to the latest version.
- Set up and configure your Netgear WiFi range extender in a proper manner.
Thus, you can get rid of the Netgear extender keeps dropping the connection problem.
Unable to Stream Multimedia Files From Your PC to HDTV?
Want to stream your favorite multimedia files on your HDTV but can’t do that because of slow WiFi? Nothing to worry, my friend!
Solution – The following are the do-follow troubleshooting tactics:
- Keep in mind that your computer and HDTV are connected to the Netgear wireless extender in the right way.
- The DLNA or Digital Living Network Alliance and UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) are enabled on your WiFi router.
- Check the settings of WMM (Wireless Multimedia) and QoS (Quality of Service) on your device.
In this manner, you can stream multimedia files from your computer to HDTV.
Getting Weak WiFi Signals
Done with the Netgear extender setup but still getting weak WiFi signals? Here’s the solution!
Solution – You may get weak WiFi signals from your Netgear extender due to interference. So, keep in mind to position your Netgear range extender while considering the following things:
- The extender should be away from corners, concrete walls, and fall ceilings.
- Place your extender at a certain distance away from WiFi blocking devices.
- If nothing works, reset your extender to the default factory settings and reconfigure it by navigating to the admin panel via 192.168.1.250 IP.
So, this was our troubleshooting guide to get rid of the internet connection issues with your Netgear wireless range extender. Hopefully, you find it a lot helpful.