Are you having a bad day because of the poor performance of your Netgear WiFi extender? Nodding in yes? Well, I can very well understand the struggle to watch a buffering video or getting stuck while downloading files considering that I went through the same thing once. But, worry not because this little problem has a solution.
Mentioned below are the topmost ways through which you can boost the performance of your Netgear WiFi range extender and say good-bye to a crappy internet day.
Tips to Boost the Performance of Your Netgear Extender
- Power-Cycle the WiFi Extender
Like any other technical device, your Netgear extender needs an occasional power-cycle too. Therefore, in order to avoid any unwanted issues like mywifiext not working or extender not connecting to router, it is recommended that you restart your WiFi device from time to time.
Here are the instructions that you need to follow in order to power-cycle your extender:
- Unplug the power cable from the wall socket and your extender.
- Count to 10.
- Then, plug one end of the power cable into the socket and another into the extender.
- Now, press the Power button on your WiFi device.
And with that, you’ll easily be able to power-cycle your Netgear WiFi range extender.
- Update the Firmware of the Extender
Another way through which you can boost the performance of your WiFi extender is by updating its firmware. Keeping the firmware of your extender ensures that it’s functioning properly. Also, it removes various bugs that are glued to your device, making it slow.
Outlined below are the steps through which you can update the firmware of your device:
- Grab a cable and connect your Netgear extender to your home router.
- Log into your WiFi range extender by using 192.168.1.250 default IP.
- Go to the Settings option and click on the Firmware Update button.
- Select the model name of your extender and click on the Download option.
- Once the file gets downloaded, upload it.
By following these steps, you’ll be able to update your WiFi device with ease. On the off chance, if you fail to update the firmware of your extender, feel free to reach out to our experts for assistance.
- Relocate Your WiFi Device
Sometimes, the poor performance of your Netgear extender is solely based on its location. What I mean to say is, the location of your WiFi device decides whether it’ll work properly or not. Therefore, you need to be very picky when it comes to the location of your device.
Plus, you should consider the points given below for the better performance of your device:
- Place your extender away from corners and concrete walls.
- Keep your Netgear WiFi extender in an open and well-ventilated area.
- It’ll be great if you place your extender in the center-most location of your house.
- Do not place your device anywhere near fish tanks, microwave overs, etc.
Once you’ve taken care of all these points, connect your device to Netgear_ext and enjoy a blazing-fast internet connection.
- Switch to Another WiFi Channel
Last but not least, switching to a different WiFi channel will leave no stone unturned to satisfy your internet-related needs. In order words, when endless people are using the same channel, your connection can become a little lazy. To fix this issue, changing your WiFi channel might help.
We hope that the tips mentioned in this article were able to assist you in boosting the performance of your Netgear WiFi extender. In case you’re looking for further assistance, it is recommended that you get in touch with our technical experts right away.