Is your Netgear WiFi router giving you a hard time of the issues that it’s causing? Are you not able to figure out how to troubleshoot those issues? If the answer to both these questions is a big YES, then know you aren’t the only one struggling.
A few months back, I went through the same thing. Forget about downloading important files, I couldn’t even watch my favorite movies without buffering, only because my Netgear router was going bizarre. But, after a lot of reasearch, I was able to get rid of the issues that my home router was making me face.
Thus, don’t worry. Walk through the issues caused by Netgear router along with their relevant solutions mentioned below and put an end to your misery. Read on.
Troubleshooting: Issues Faced With Netgear WiFi Router
- Routerlogin.net Not Working
One of the most common issues that users face with Netgear routers is routerlogin.net not working. The unability to access the routerlogin.net web page is nothing to worry about. This issue can easily be taken care of. For that, follow the points mentioned below:
- Make use of the correct web address to log into your router.
- If that doesn’t work in your favor, then use the default IP address.
- Also, ensure that the routerlogin.net admin detailsyou’re entering are correct.
- In case you aren’t sure about the credentials, then refer to the Netgear manual.
- If none of these tips work, then power-cycle your Netgear WiFi router.
- Netgear Router Not Connecting to Modem
Like me, if you have been finding hard to watch your favorite movie without buffering, then your router might be causing an internet-related issue. To troubleshoot this issue, make sure that your device has access to a blazing-fast internet connection.
See whether the connection between your Netgear router and the existing modem is strong enough. To ensure that, it is recommended that you connect both your WiFi devices with an Ethernet cable rather than using a wireless source.
- WiFi Router Firmware Update Failure
Another major issue that might be the root cause of many router issues is firmware update failure. But, don’t worry. To fix this little issue, all that you need to do is, update the firmware of your Netgear WiFi router. Simple.
- Switch on your laptop and open a web browser.
- Log into your WiFi device by using 192.168.1.1
- Go to Advanced > Administration > Firmware Update.
Now, give your Netgear WiFi router a couple of minutes to get updated.
- Unable to Change the Password of My Router
Unable to change the password of your Netgear WiFi router is another mind-hindering issue that most users face with their router. Have you been facing the same issue? Is yes, then maybe you didn’t perform the process correctly the first time.
Follow the instructions mentioned below and know how to change the password of your Netgear WiFi router.
Note: Follow the instructions in the exact order as they are written.
- If you’ve locked your system, then unlock it.
- Open a new tab in the web browser you used to update your router’s firmware.
- Then, perform router login Netgear to proceed further.
- Once you’ve successfully logged into your router, go to the Settings option.
- Click on Wireless and enter the new password under the Password field.
- Do not forget to click on the Apply button.
So, this was all about how to resolve the issues with Netgear WiFi router. Hopefully, my article was able to help you in getting rid of all the issues that you were facing with your home router. In case of any further queries, feel free to get in touch with me through the comments section below.