Whether you are trying to setup Netgear router for the first time or trying to view the settings of an already configured one, you will have to go through routerlogin.net page. At times, 4 out of 5 Netgear users face issues while reaching the router’s web page. This can be due to following reasons:
- An Ethernet connection issue. This issue persists if you are using a bas Ethernet cable.
- Entering the IP address incorrectly or in the browser’s search bar.
- An IP address issue on the computer/ laptop.
- Incorrect username or password/ network key.
- Issue with your router itself.
This post will help you resolve the issue you are facing while reaching the router login page.
Check Your Power
The first things you need to make sure that your Netgear router is plugged in properly and getting steady and adequate power supply.
Check Your Wiring
Then, you need to make sure is that the computer you are using is hardwired directly to the router.
- Check that the Ethernet cable is properly fixed.
- There should be a secure connection between your Netgear router and modem.
- Kick off old and damaged Ethernet cable.
Check the LEDs
You can some LEDs on the front panel of your Netgear router, right? If not, then you have to do something. On the off chance if the LEDs on your Netgear device aren’t stable, then you may encounter with many router-related issues. So, to fix the blinking or no LED issues on your Netgear router, do the following:
- Bring your Netgear router in reach of your modem.
- Place your devices at the center, higher, and open location of your home.
- Do not place your router or the modem near to thick walls, corners, doors, and windows.
Check the IP Address
To get into the router login web page, the next thing you have to ensure that you are tying the IP address i.e. 192.168.1.1 correctly without typos. A typo in the IP address might take you to a third-party web address that can steal your personal information but not solve the issue.
Apart from that you have to ensure that you aren’t making use of the browser’s search bar. Making use of the browser’s search bar instead of the address bar can also give you router login issue.
An IP address issue on the computer/ laptop
Make sure that your PC/ laptop address is within the same subnet as the router’s IP address. If your router’s IP address is192.168.1.1, then the computer/ laptop IP address needs to also start with the same. But the last digits of your PC/ laptop IP address can be 0 or 1 and under 255. For instance, 192.168.1.0, 1 or 255.
On the other hand if router’s IP address is192.168.0.1 then the IP address on the computer/ laptop also needs to start with 192.168.0.1, 0 or 255.
Check the Username and Password
If you are trying to access the Netgear router login make sure to make use of the correct username and password.
- Cross-check admin details after entering them.
- In the event that you have changed the router login credentials use them. Remember the default login details will not work if you have changed them.
Issues with Your Netgear Router
Routers behave weird sometime. To make it up and running, you must update its firmware timely. Access the web-based setup page of your Netgear device via routerlogin.net and search for the available updates. In the event that you encounter with routerlogin net not working issue, let us know via comments.
And if your router is 3-4 years old, then the time has come to replace it. My personal suggestions:
- Nighthawk12-Stream Dual-Band WiFi 6 Router (up to 6Gbps) with NETGEAR Armor, MU-MIMO, USB 3.0 ports
- Nighthaw5-Stream Dual-Band WiFi 6 Router (up to 4.15Gbps)
- Nighthawk Tri-Band WiFi 6E Router (up to 10.8Gbps) with new 6GHz band & NETGEAR Armor
- Nighthawk Dual-Band WiFi Router (up to 1.9Gbps) with NETGEAR Armor, Circle Smart Parental Controls
- Nighthawk 6-Stream Dual-Band WiFi 6 Router (up to 5.4Gbps)
These are just a couple of suggestions. There are plenty of latest routers waiting for you. Contact us to know the best buy for you.